Collision Center was founded by Jerry Stageberg in October of 1958. Jerry had previous small shops under the names “Jerry’s Auto Body” and “Concours Automotive Co.” The first Collision Center was in a small, two-story building in Navarre, Minnesota, just west of the Twin Cities. That location served until a change in road configuration made the shop inaccessible. Jerry then moved the business to Excelsior in 1963.
In 1963, Barney Duhachek joined Jerry as a body man and shop foreman. They became partners in 1973. During the years in Excelsior, the shop grew in size and reputation. The Excelsior space became inadequate in 1984 and the business was moved to its present location in Golden Valley.
While it took several years to complete the renovation of the current building and its equipment, Collision Center’s reputation continued to grow and Collision Center became known as one of the finest shops in the Twin Cities, specializing in the repair, refinishing and restoration of fine automobiles. We were the first to become an Acura/Honda certified collision repair center in the area.
Jerry retired in 1991 and Barney retired in 1998. The company was sold to long-time employees Kevin H. Johnson, Terry Geffre and Rickie Lee Schmitz. Kevin, Rickie and Terry are committed to continuing Collision Center’s reputation for excellent repairs and quality customer service.
- Collision Center founded by Jerry Stageberg 1958
- Collision Center Moved to Excelsior 1963
- Barney Duhachek Became Partner 1973
- Relocated to Golden Valley 1984
- Jerry Stageberg Retired 1991
- Barney Duhachek Retired 1998
- Barney Sells Collision Center to Kevin, Terry and Rickie 2002
- Collision Center Redesigns Web Presence 2016